Tuesday, August 18, 2009

These Boots Were Made for Walkin

Do I now have to make my blog more interesting/appealing because people might actually read it? Haha, that's a lot of pressure.

So, the gym kicked my tail today. We moved on to strength training. Yuck! Maybe one day I'll look like this...


Maybe one day...

Anyway -- I'm feeling like we should discuss the awesome antique store visit I had. I should let you know that I am normally hesitant to go to antique stores with Nikki because I know that this means hours in a hot-never-ending room of other people's junk. Well, my mind has been changed. I've become a believer! I found some awesome stuff. I found some jewelry ($4), 3 Mediterranean inspired vases ($8), a Jordan Knight fashion figure.. aka doll.. for Kortney, and (THE STEAL OF MY LIFE) a pair of awesome cowboy boots for only $18. This is unheard of! Similar boots that I was looking at were close to $200. That's outrageous! I think it's important to note that I am not a redneck for purchasng boots. I am merely feeling the cowgirl boot trend that's going on right now. That is all.

Mine are similar to this without the fashionably backwards embroidered sunflowers on the side. Maybe those are daisies. Anyone a botanist around here?

Anyway, I am a believer now!

Let's talk about excitement: I'm excited about Chris Cannon's bonfire at his house :) It should be a lot of fun right before school starts. Plus, I love bonfires. Everything, well almost everything (I'm afraid of fire), is perfect at a bonfire. People look so much better in the glow of a blazing fire. Does that make me sound like David Berkowitz or something? I hope not!

In other news... I tuned a mandolin today. Yes, folks, you heard me correctly. A mandolin. I didn't know people ear-tuned mandolins anymore. Well people who aren't Lester Flatt and Earl Scruggs, at least. My dad was fairly excited that I tuned that for him, I think. So that's good. It was offensive how terrible it sounded because it was so badly out of tune. So I watched this man who looked like a mixture of the dude from Reading Rainbow and Simon/Garfunkel (always confuse them so it's easier to group into one category) tune a mandolin on Youtube and then I followed suit. This was a learning process for me. So thanks Reading Rainbow - Simon/Garfunkel man.

It should be mentioned how I think Garfunkel is the coolest name on the planet. But that's another post for another time.

Well, I'm going to go email Dr. Morris. That sounds more intriguing than it really is. So I'll leave you with that.

<3 Lauren Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment