Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A rant and a dream

Well hello there.

I am back. Today has been a good day. I went shopping, then worked out, then ate, and then watched Mamma Mia.

I love Mamma Mia so much. It's everything I want to be. I want to be in Greece. I love everything about Greece. I love the laid back lifestyle. The sun. The beaches. The colors (whites, blues, oranges, yellows). The food. Ooo everything. I am hoping to get to go there this summer. On a dig. That would be absolutely the best.

I am currently uploading all of my music onto my computer. I had an embarassing 272 songs on my computer. I'm up to 430 something right now. I should have a fairly good collection when we're finished. This should be good.

So here's something that has been bugging me recently. I cannot stand complacency. I, as a college student, understand the expectation to become complacent. Everyone seems to be against you. They, of course, would never say that and would deny any such claims -- but it is true. They yearn for you to fulfill that stereotype. Fall into the dregs. Sink lower and lower. Hit rock bottom and stay. Grades slip, hygene slips, interaction is almost nonexistent, and the sufferer's diet consists almost completely of Ramen and Koolaid.

I refuse.

I refuse to become that. Not only college complacency bothers me, though. People who feel like they'll never "get away" because they "can't". That irks me. Maybe I'm surrounded by this because I live in a small Southern town and I went to a small Southern high school. Most everyone left high school and went to the local community college and work at a small restaurant downtown. I understand this may be "right" for some people and I may be currently suffering from being overly judgemental, but I cannot deal with people like that.

I'm off my rant now. Just please don't become complacent folks, ok?

I had the absolutely best dream I've ever had last night. It was so real. It involved the Jonas Brothers. Yes, I know. I'm 21 years old and I act like a 12 year old. I can't help it. I think it makes me cute :). Right?

I'm learning a lot on Unwrapped tonight.

Alright. I'm going to bed. Maybe I'll be able to relive that dream again. *crosses fingers*

Night all. <3
Lauren Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment