Sunday, August 9, 2009

Continuing Blog Merging

Harper's Island Spoilers and Summer Class

Wow... I'm such a terrible blog keeper already. I posted once and then took a hiatus.

I am so behind on school work. However, this is my last week. Maybe I'll have a 4.0 for this semester. Haha, does that even count if you're only taking 2 four week classes? Probably not. However, I will have achieved my goal of getting a 4.0 GPA for a semester.

Ooo, what to say? Well, I almost cried in class the other day. I don't think I posted about this already. I really can't remember. We were taking a break from class and I was sitting in the classroom with Dr. Morris alone. He asked me the dreaded question. You know... THE QUESTION. It is a question that brings forth fear and repulsion in the heart of most college students: What are you planning to do after graduation? What do I respond? "Well, Dr. Morris the economy's in the crapper and NO ONE is getting a job, so I'm scared out of my mind!" No. Heaven forbid. I tell him that I do not know what I'll choose to do, and he acts like the world has ended. He begins telling me, in his very loving way, that I need to find out. And that now is not the time to be wishy-washy. Onto the tears -- he then proceeds to give me an outstanding compliment. He tells me that I believes I should apply for the Fulbright Scholarship as a master's program. He then tells me that he's never told that to any graduating student before. He believes I should get the Fulbright and go to study archaeology in England.

Now, that being said, I do not believe that I would ever be awarded the Fulbright. Most Fulbright scholars graduate with a 4.0. I will be lucky to have 3.5. I understand that is a perfectly okay GPA to graduate with, but it is not the makings of a Fulbright. I think it would also be very intimidating to follow in Dr. Butcher's foot steps. She is an absolute genius and I do not think I could do that.

Well, hmm. This is the last week of classes. Yay!! I will be finished. I am never taking summer classes again. Ever.

Nikki's surgery is a week away. :) So excited for her. If anyone reads this, and that person is a man/woman of God, please pray for her a safe/speedy recovery.

Harper's Island was absolutely bazaar. Chloe killed herself. Very poetic. I cannot believe she did it, but it was so strong and poetic of her. I think, also, that it paints an alternate view of people who commit suicide. They are not all weak people. They are sometimes strong people faced with a difficult choice. They are sometimes sick. Cal died. Sadness. I loved him. I also believe that Danny's days are numbered. As much as I love him, Wakefield was following him in the woods. That's never good. That's like seeing the Grim. You know that death is swiftly approaching. Shane redeemed himself in my eyes. He fought to protect the girls and he was courageous until the very end.

I love how I write this stuff, about Harper's, like it really matters. Haha.

I sadly am old and must sleep. Two classes tomorrow.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment