Monday, August 17, 2009

Fashion show and the economy


So... I've been in a bad mood tonight. Thinking about the current economic situation really makes me angry. REALLY ANGRY. I get mad because it's not our generation's fault. We are answering for the mistakes of our parents and their parents. So as much as I love their generation -- they effed us up!

I'm done ranting about economics.

You know what I'm feeling right now? Belted shirts/dresses. I love them. I know it's been around a while (and we've all seen it done) but this technique seems to solve many common wardrobe problems. This seems to hide problematic tummy issues, and don't make you feel self-conscience about it. Right?

Also, on Emma Stone's shoes -- I LOVE THEM! They are absolutely way too cute. The zipper adds a little bit of flair to a rather simple strappy heel. Of course, they're Jimmy Choo (which means I immediately love them), so I'm sure they're worth every penny she paid for them. I'm also crushing on her bangle cuff. I'm totally gay for her outfit right now!

However, I'm really bothered by the fact that fashion magazines are doing sections of "recession acceptable" designer finds. Not that they're doing them, but that it's not really recession acceptable. Less than 5% of people can afford a $195 bag for back to school. Granted it's better than $500, but it's still not recession acceptable. Thanks for looking out for us though.

Pa (my mom's dad) had back surgery today and he did wonderfully. :) I'm so proud. The doctor's did a great job, and he's in no pain anymore. Yay for modern medicine!

Well, I'm really hungry so I'm going to bed. That way, I can sleep and when I wake up it's time to eat again. Night guys. <3

Lauren Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment